Forums - Difference between CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE and CL_KERNEL_WORK_GROUP_SIZE

1 post / 0 new
Difference between CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE and CL_KERNEL_WORK_GROUP_SIZE
Procoller
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2015-07-23 01:12
Hello All,
               I am new to this OpenCL parallel processing. I want to do parallel processing of image processing algorithm which is running in CPU. 
So I am confused between two terms,

(1) CL_DEVICE_MAX_WORK_GROUP_SIZE in clGetDeviceInfo which gives me 256
(2) CL_KERNEL_WORK_GROUP_SIZE in clGetKernelWorkGroupInfo which gives me 128

I have launch kernel with localWorkgroup = {16,16} and globalWorkGroup = {width,height}.
But it gives me an error of 'CL_INVALID_WORK_GROUP_SIZE'. 

After that i launched kernel with localWorkgroup = {11,11} and globalWorkGroup = {width,height} which worked for me. 
So is it taking 2nd one CL_KERNEL_WORK_GROUP_SIZE to launch kernel.
After that i tried to change local_work_group_size from {12,12},{13,13,},{14,14,},{15,15,} but it gives me same error.

Your help much appreciated...
Thanks in advance...
  • Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.