Forums - Can't profile Adreno 306 GPU

1 post / 0 new
Can't profile Adreno 306 GPU
luca894
Posted: Sun, 2018-10-14 03:12

Hi, 

I need to connect an Unity-made app to Adreno profiler to monitor GPU performance, but I cant connect my device to the Adreno Profiler. 

As a side note, I have succesfully connected the same device to Snapdragon Profiler and I succesfully see the process of the app I want to monitor for CPU, Memory, Network, but NOT GPU: in another post they told me that Snapdragon Profiler doesnt support my GPU but Adreno Profiler does, so thats why Im tryng now with Adreno Profiler.

I have the following spec:

Device: Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (SM-G361F),  Chipset: Cortex A53 Snapdragon 410 MSM8916, GPU Adreno 306. Android 5.1.1.

ADB version 1.0.40.

With those spec, when I open "Adreno Profiler",  and then "Connet..." the Status say:

"ADB: Found a device, but no Adreno Profiler-enabled app. Verify your app is running and network privileges have been enabled in the APK manifest

SDB: sdb (Samsung Debug Bridge) was not found in the system path. Add location of sdb to your system path and restart Adreno Profiler to connect to a Tize device 

IP: No device found: enter a IP Address in the box and click Refresh to scan again"

I think that the first one, ADB, is the "true" problem.

In the manifest of the app I have these two permission:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.qti.permission.PROFILER" />

I open my app after opening the "connect..." menu in Adreno Profiler.

Also tried "adb.exe shell setprop debug.egl.profiler 1" in the command line.

So why my device cant connect to Adreno Profiler?

Please halp! 

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.