Forums - FPS or other counter values are incorrect

1 post / 0 new
FPS or other counter values are incorrect
shaderia
Posted: Mon, 2016-05-02 02:07

I tested several phones with snapdragon 808 (adreno 418) and 810 (adreno 430) using Adreno profiler v4.0.5511.5192 on Windows 7 64-bit, but I got unusual values on all hardware counters. 

When I changed the sampling frequency (default 4Hz) to 1 Hz or 20 Hz, the average (not a specific period) FPS value (EGL category) of benchmarks (3D mark or GFXbench) SIGNIFICANTLY changed.

For example: 

3FPS on 1Hz sampling rate,

5FPS on 4Hz,

16FPS on 20Hz.

(but actually the real FPS was 3 at the benchmark, not 5 or 16)

And other hardware counter values (ex. fragment shaded per second) are also fluctuated accoding to the sampling rate. Interestingly, the FPS value was correct when I only displayed the FPS flot in App. grapher, but I tried to add another floats for hardware counter, the FPS value was distorted. 

Is there anybody know why the hardware counter values are incorrect?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.