Forums - Where are agent app and driver for remote debbuging?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Where are agent app and driver for remote debbuging?
drjune.kim
Posted: Tue, 2013-11-12 18:56

According to following guide, I need rdbg.ko and remote_debug_agent file for remote debugging.

How to get these files?

Software requirements
  • Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
  • ADB driver so that the device can communicate with the host machine.
  • hexagon-gdb.exe from hexagon tools 5.0.10 or greater. This will be part of the SDK.
  • aDSP build with debug monitor that has been released by Qualcomm
  •  

• Linux Android build that has the driver (rdbg.ko) and the remote debug agent (remote_debug_agent). To check whether these are part of the image that has been flashed, connect the device to the host machine using a USB cable and do the following in a command window:

adb root
    adb shell
    ls /system/lib/modules (rdbg.ko should be listed here)
    ls /system/bin (remote_debug_agent should be listed here)

• Up0
  • Down0
JJ
Posted: Tue, 2014-03-11 14:47

rdbg.ko will be part of the linux android build that is released for the dragon board.

remote_debug_agent is currently released as part of Hexagon SDK in 1.1.0. You can find it under Hexagon_SDK\1.1.0\tools\remote_debug_agent\android.

Going forward remote_debug_agent too will be a part of the Linux Android build.

To push these modules to the device, do the following in a command window:

adb root

adb remount

adb push rdbg.ko /system/lib/modules

adb push remote_debug_agent /system/bin

adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/remote_debug_agent

adb reboot

HTH,

Jay.

• Up0
  • Down0
jweingart
Posted: Fri, 2014-10-31 06:58

My Linux Android build does not have driver rdbg.ko as part of the image. Where can I get this file?

• Up0
  • Down0
JJ
Posted: Mon, 2014-11-03 10:48

Which Andriod build are you using? Are you using the Linux Android build that was released as part of the Hexagon SDK?

• Up0
  • Down0
jweingart
Posted: Mon, 2014-11-03 15:36

I have a Mobile Development Platform (MDP) tablet, specifically the Snapdragon 805 model apq8084. The Android version that came with the tablet is 4.4.2, kernel from July 2014.

• Up0
  • Down0
JJ
Posted: Mon, 2014-11-03 16:53

Hi,

Can you please dowload and flash the image(MDP805_Upgrade_Package_2.0.zip) that was posted a couple of weeks ago on the Intrinsyc website? This has rdbg.ko module.

--JJ.

• Up0
  • Down0
franziska
Posted: Mon, 2015-11-16 07:50

Hi there,

I'm facing the same problem, i don't have the rdbg.ko in my image and therefore i can't debug.

I have an APQ8094 board.

Does anyone know, where I can find/download the rdbg.ko module?

I tried the one from APQ8074, but that doesn't work because of a wrong signing key :(

best regards,

Franziska

• Up0
  • Down0
franziska
Posted: Mon, 2015-11-16 07:56

Hi there,

I'm facing the same problem with my APQ8094 board, the rdbg.ko is missing.

Because of that, i can't debug :(

I tried the rdbg.ko module of the APQ8074, but that doesn't work due to a signing error.

Does anyone know how to find/get/download the proper rdbg.ko for the APQ8094?

best regards,

Franziska

• Up0
  • Down0
jmay Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2015-11-16 10:05

Remote debugging is not currently supported on 8094.  The upgrade package menioned earlier should enable it on 8084.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.