Forums - PBO support

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
PBO support
wzhang
Posted: Mon, 2013-11-18 11:05

Hi,

Does Adreno support PBO extension? Such as glBindBufferARB, glBufferDataARB, glMapBufferARB, glMapBufferARB, GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER_ARB, GL_READ_ONLY_ARB?

Or it has an equivalent one? If yes, can you point it to me?

Thanks.

Wei

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2013-11-19 10:21

Yes...Our current Adreno SDK has a gles3 tutorial (21 - PixelBufferObjectsOGLES30) which uses PBOs to read and write texture information.

• Up0
  • Down0
cageman
Posted: Thu, 2013-12-19 17:10

Hi mhfeldma & Wei,

Were you able to make PBO working with GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER?  In the example mentioned above, I'm seeing PIXEL_UNPACK cases, which move data from PBO to texture.  I'm in need of moving the data the other way around (texture to PBO).  I tried to use PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER.  It seems the device takes the commands, but it's way too slow.  Do you have any example for PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER case?  Thanks!

-EK

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2014-01-13 14:11

We don't have a PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER case as of yet.

I'd like to refer you to

http://www.opengl.org/wiki/Pixel_Buffer_Object

for some thoughts on optimizing the download optimzation.and avoiding any stalls.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.