Forums - Multisampling resolve fails when using MRTs on Windows Phone 8

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Multisampling resolve fails when using MRTs on Windows Phone 8
RelativeGames
Profile picture
Posted: Sun, 2013-11-17 12:06

I just tested Multisampling(4x) resolves when using Multiple Render Targets on a Nokia Lumia 920 under Windows Phone 8(D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_3) and I get all sorts of square tiles on my screen. I used 2 RGBA8 RTs so nothing fancy like RGBA16F. What's up with that ? The feature works flawless on the emulator with software rendering and on an AMD Desktop GPU with D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_9_3.

UPDATE: Just in case you're thinking I'm weird and asking what I was trying to achieve with this, it's simple, I was trying to get an accessible depth texture. Since you can't bind a texture as depth stencil AND as a resource in 9_3, the only way to resolve depth is to use a secondary render target. So any depth based effects on 9_3 would need this. As a quality improvement I was trying to add multisampling too when this popped.

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2013-11-22 07:54

Hi...  Hoping you could provide us with a test app that can demonstrate the problem.

Also can you verify that you haven't bound a single sample depth buffer with a multi-sampled rendered target?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.