Forums - About the TextureConverter.lib, What should I use a file which?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
About the TextureConverter.lib, What should I use a file which?
Posted: Thu, 2013-10-24 08:43

hi,

In the " \AdrenoSDK\Development\Lib\Win32\ "

These are four *.Lib file :

TextureConverter.lib / TextureConverter_d.lib / TextureConverter_static.lib / TextureConverter_static_d.lib

Which file is I should use ? What is the difference between them ?

I vaguely knew the "_d" meaning "Debug version", the "static" meaning "static library" ...

But, Is TextureConverter.lib for DLL ?

I'm not sure. I don't found the TextureConverter.dll in the Adreno SDK.

thanks,

liumazi. 2013-10-24

• Up0
  • Down0
khawkins Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2013-11-04 11:25

Hi,

Yes, _d is the debug version of the library.

TextureConverter_static is actually a version of the library statically linked with the VS2010 C runtime. TextureConverter.lib (or _d.lib) is a version of the library dynamically linked with the C runtime. We're finding that the _static naming convention is a little confusing, so we're going to revisit it.

Also, to clarify, there is no DLL available for TextureConverter. It should just be statically linked with your project.

Kevin

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.