Forums - OpenCL wavefront size

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
OpenCL wavefront size
Pavel_Gaenko
Posted: Mon, 2014-01-20 12:48

Hi ,

I am new in mobile GPU OpenCL development, but I have big expirience with desctop one.

I have read OpenCL programing guide and Shaders_Best_Practices guide. In that documents I have read that threads on Adreno GPU can divergence, but I can't see any information about  size of wavefront or warp on Adreno devices. 

On desctop GPU AMD have 64 threads wavefront size, and Nvidia GPU have 32. This information is very important for choosing best workgroup size, and making code optimization.

Can someone provide such information.

Thanks, Pavel.

• Up0
  • Down0
Pavel_Gaenko
Posted: Mon, 2014-02-03 06:00

As there is no answer.

I tried various work group sises in copy buffer kernel. And for my mind it looks like 64 is wavefront size.

Soon I will try kernels with branches and renew this post.

I also found that the most effective data size per workitem is uint4, it works 3 times faster than uint or char4.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.