Forums - Galaxy Tab 2 support / list of supported devices?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Galaxy Tab 2 support / list of supported devices?
bfreitag
Posted: Mon, 2014-01-06 05:38

I am trying to use the profiler (3.6) to isolate graphics issues that I'm having in my application (3rd party closed engine) on a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (Android 4.2).  I am getting the same error as most on these forums (indicating no enabled applications are found, even though internet permissions are correctly set), I have looked in the egl/ folder and do not have the libq3dtools file, which I believes indicates that the profiler does not support my device. (Perhaps the error message should reflect / detect this possibility as well?)

Are the prerelease drivers an option for me, and if so are there instructions for installing them?

From what I can gather the answer is no, which then prompts the question:  is there a list anywhere of devices that *are* supported by this profiler?  I need to find an Adreno 225 device with a similar resolution/CPU so that I can narrow down my GPU issues.

thank you,

Bryant

• Up0
  • Down0
Dave Astle
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2014-01-07 07:19

Hi Bryant,

I'm actually surprised to hear that you're having problems with the Galaxy Tab 2. I have one on my desk that I used to demonstrate Profiler for months, and never had any issues with it, but if libq3dtools.so is indeed missing, then it's possible that Samsung has pushed out an update that stripped out Profiler functionality.

We don't maintain a list of supported products because it would be very difficult to keep up-to-date; every year, hundreds of phones ship with Snapdragon processors. Internally, it's a requirement for all of our drivers to ship with Profiler support, but occasionally, there are regressions that aren't caught in time, and occasionally OEMs do things to break it.

• Up0
  • Down0
bfreitag
Posted: Tue, 2014-01-07 13:54

Thanks for the reply Dave,

It is more frustrating to know that this device *should* be able to run the profiler :)  Are there any ways for me to get the needed files pushed to this device to try?  If not, and there are no other recommendations, does anyone know of a device with a similar profile (Adreno 225, Tab 2 10.1 resolution) that they know works with the profiler?

thanks,

Bryant

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.