Forums - SIGSEGV in eglMakeCurrent with MSAA

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
SIGSEGV in eglMakeCurrent with MSAA
benjamin.thaut
Posted: Wed, 2015-03-25 01:26

Hi,

I'm working for havok (www.havok.com) and we recently bought a Google Nexus 6 (Snapdragon 805 + Adreno 420 GPU) for development. We are doing real time 3D applications using OpenGL ES 3. As soon as we enable MSAA we see serve instability in the OpenGL ES drivers. I would like to report a Bug about this including a repro case. Is this the correct place to report such bugs?

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut

• Up0
  • Down0
Ayo Moderator
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2015-04-14 18:23

Hello Benjamin.

Yes, this is the correct place. If you can reduce the repro to a simple test case and attach copies of the fragment / vertex shader that causes the  "instability" that would be very helpful.

Other useful information include output from "glGetShaderInfoLog", libraries you are linking with in your "LOCAL_LDLIBS" from your Android.mk file, and "android:glEsVersion" specified in the Android manifest.

• Up0
  • Down0
benjamin.thaut
Posted: Wed, 2015-05-06 02:36

I had contact with the driver team via e-mail and it turns out that this indeed is a driver bug. Unfortunately there is no workaround so we disabled MSAA on the Adreno 420 for now.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.