Forums - Connecting to a WP8 running a Unity game

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Connecting to a WP8 running a Unity game
xavier.arias
Posted: Sun, 2015-03-22 09:53

Hi,

I'm trying to debug my game made on Unity 4.6 (that has a GPU bottleneck somewhere) through Adreno Profiler, but It doesn't find the device (a lumia 520) to connect to. Since I couldn't profile my game, I've tried to profile Angry bots, with the same results.

Several questions arise:

1. - Does Unity include any of the libs/files necessary to profile this?
  2. I've seen that we have to include D3D11_AP_WP8.dll and a pair of c++ files on "How To Configure a DirectX App for Profiling". Can I see if these are included somehow? I've tried to include the D3D11_AP_WP8.dll as a normal Dll reference, but Visual studio tells me "A reference to a higher version or incompatible assembly cannnot be added to the project". This makes me think that it already includes this dll and Unity projects are prepared for this, but I can't tell for sure.
  3. - Should the Adreno profiler detect my app even if it's not running an application with those libs or not? I have both the pc and the phone on the same WiFi network. I've also tried to connect directly through the phone's IP address without any luck.

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
peteb
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2015-04-03 17:29

Hi xavier.arias,

Unfortunatley Unity does not include these libraries for the WP build, and we have no workarounds.  Unless Unity provides a build of their runtime that has this shim layer compiled in, we will be unable to support this use case.

Very sorry for the inconvenience,

Pete

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.