Forums - Is there any Lollipop OpenCL driver for Nexus devices?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is there any Lollipop OpenCL driver for Nexus devices?
hyspace
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2015-02-20 10:30

I found only OpenCL driver for Kitkat on dev website. Is there any driver for Lollipop? Or when will it be available?

I tried Kitkat driver on lollipop and it does not work. I had to downgrade to Kitkat to make it work.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dave Astle
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2015-02-20 11:22

Lollipop introduced architectural changes that are incompatable with the way these driver releases worked with Kitkat. Currently, our driver team is investigating how or even if we can continue them with Lollipop. At this point, I'm uncertain when/if we would have an update available.

• Up0
  • Down0
hyspace
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2015-03-10 20:56

Thank you very much. I downgrade to Kitkat and everything works fine. Hope I can get driver for Lollipop someday.

• Up0
  • Down0
hyspace
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2015-03-10 21:01

I saw that AT&T LG G3 runs Lollipop 5.0.1 have OpenCL Driver that has OpenCL 1.2 support. AT&T LG G3 is Using same chip as Nexus 5. Is it possible to make the driver for LG G3 works on Nexus 5?

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2015-03-31 08:15

We'll be including OpenCL support when we start the community driver releases again...rough target is a few months from now.(~6//2015).

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.