Forums - Fire TV?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fire TV?
paul.sinnett
Posted: Mon, 2015-02-16 06:41

Can I use the Adreno profiler on the Fire TV?

• Up0
  • Down0
Dave Astle
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2015-02-17 09:58

You should be able to. We've used it with it internally.

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2015-02-17 15:35

Also be sure to use the IP Address method in Adreno Profiler to connect with the device (e.g. over wifi).

• Up0
  • Down0
paul.sinnett
Posted: Wed, 2015-02-18 02:38

The setup I have is a Windows 7 PC connected to a Fire TV over a wired LAN. The App I want to profile is created with Unity. I have development build ticked in the build settings. I have added the following two lines to Assets/Plugins/Android/AndroidManifest.xml inside the <manifest> tag:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.qti.permission.PROFILER" />

I can connect to the Fire TV with ADB and upload the app fine over the network.

But when I press connect on the profiler and put in the IP address and press refresh I get:

ADB: Found a device, but no Adrendo Profiler-enabled app...
IP: No device found...

• Up0
  • Down0
paul.sinnett
Posted: Wed, 2015-02-18 02:46

Scratch that...

Persisting with the refresh button seemed to pay off eventually.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.