Forums - How connect to WP8 devices

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
How connect to WP8 devices
robert.griffis
Posted: Fri, 2015-01-09 16:50

Hi,

I've generated the spinning cube sample application for Windows Phone 8 and have updated it using the "How To Configure a DirectX App for Profiling". The app deploys and runs, but I am unable to connect to a device or emulator using the Adreno Profiler.

Adreno Profiler 3.8.5262.24559
Using VS 2013 Pro Update 4
Target WP8.0 OS
Nokia Lumia 1520 (WP8.1)

Do you have any tips of how to connect to a device or emulator?

Thanks,
Rob

• Up0
  • Down0
robert.griffis
Posted: Fri, 2015-01-09 17:35

Looks like it was a networking issue between the device and the laptop, but has been resolved and the profiler is working!

• Up0
  • Down0
Alex Nina
Posted: Wed, 2015-02-18 13:02

Hi Robert,

I am trying to run an example of D3D app in WP8.1 with Adreno Profiler enabled but I am having an issue with the structs:

- ID2D1Factory1_ShimInterface

- ID2D1Device_ShimInterface

not defined.

I followed the same topic of help document as you mentioned above. The definition is in the D3D11_AP.h file and it is not recognized.

Did you have any problem like this?

Thanks,

Alex

• Up0
  • Down0
robert.griffis
Posted: Fri, 2015-02-20 11:23

I don't recall seeing that exact problem.

If you see it in the D3D11_AP.h header, my guess is that it is not being loaded first.

In case it helps, we started with a sample application first (the DirectX spinning cube example) and made sure everything worked as expected. Then we moved on to our actual application.

• Up0
  • Down0
Alex Nina
Posted: Thu, 2015-02-26 09:31

Hello Robert,

I am using the same example as you (spinning cube sample). I have done Deploy step normally into a Lumia 630 with WP 8.1 test image, but with exceptions during the application startup.

Did you have to do modifications in the sample code?

Regards,

Alex

• Up0
  • Down0
Alex Nina
Posted: Fri, 2015-02-27 07:13

Hello Robert,

How did you fixed the network problem with the device? Now, I am with same issue as you.

Regards, Alex

• Up0
  • Down0
robert.griffis
Posted: Fri, 2015-02-27 14:24

@Alex

Once the WinPhone device and Computer running the Profiler are on the same network, you should see the device pop-up.

The easy way to do this is use a laptop and connect to the same WiFi as the WinPhone device.

• Up0
  • Down0
Alex Nina
Posted: Tue, 2015-03-10 04:50

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the tip. Now phone is connecting to the Profiler.

I still don't get the data from the phone but I am figuring out to fix it. Maybe it is caused by my setup (Lumia 630 with WP 8.1), I'm not sure if the profiler works well with WP 8.1.

Regards,

Alex Nina

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.