Forums - Application not detected

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Application not detected
damien.mabin
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-16 02:13

Hello support-team,

Adreno profiler is pretty new to me, but I'm quite used to android develpment.

I followed all the documentation I could find but when I try to connect to my application, it says:

ADB: Found a device, bu no Adreno Profiler-enabled app. [...]

In my manifest I double checked that I have:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="com.qti.permission.PROFILER" />

I'm testing on a nexus 6 which has an Adreno 420, and the latest stock room (not rooted).

Do you happen to have a lead on what could go wrong ?

I think USB driver are okay since I can install apk and get logs throught adb, adb is in the path too.

Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Thx

Damien

• Up0
  • Down0
damien.mabin
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-16 05:12

Hello,

It works on a galaxy s5, any idea how I can get it working on Nexus 6 ?

Thx

Damien

• Up0
  • Down0
Dave Astle
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-16 09:37

Nexus 6 actually has a new driver which does not yet support Adreno Profiler. We'll be releasing a new version of Profiler soon (it will probably be available on the website at the first of the year, due to people starting to leave for the holidays) with all of the necessary support, but it will also require an OTA update from Google, and I'm not sure when that's going to happen.

• Up0
  • Down0
damien.mabin
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-16 12:55

Too bad we are currently facing a really strange openGL issue on one of our title, I would have loved to be able to check what's going on on the GPU side. Strange enought the bug is not reproducible on galaxy note 4 which have the same graphic card ...

• Up0
  • Down0
ronan.bel
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2014-12-18 01:16

Hi Damien (I'm close to Yoan)

Do you know the version of the driver on your Nexus 6 please ?

(you can use a tool named "hardware info" (available on the play store), open the "Open GL ES 3.0" section and at the beginning, there is the GL_VERSION string, with a V@nn.0)

(as Yoan told you, here (Montpellier) we have some Adreno 330 devices with [email protected] without your issue)

• Up0
  • Down0
VB_34
Posted: Wed, 2015-01-07 04:48

I join Damien for this request, our company also has fps issues on Nexus6 in some of our games which do not happen for example on Note4 (so same GPU but different driver)...

Please let us know when the update to the profiler will be available ...

Thanks !

• Up0
  • Down0
damien.mabin
Posted: Fri, 2015-05-15 04:09

Hey,

Do you have any news on the subject ? Was the new driver released to public phones ?

Thx

Damien

• Up0
  • Down0
damien.mabin
Posted: Fri, 2015-05-15 04:09

Hey,

Do you have any news on the subject ? Was the new driver released to public phones ?

Thx

Damien

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2015-05-15 14:33

The latest version of Adreno Profiler will work with Nexus 6 devices that have been updated to Android 5.1

• Up0
  • Down0
viveksunwal2
Posted: Sat, 2020-09-19 23:11

Nice 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.