Forums - 30 FPS frame cap

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
30 FPS frame cap
Antoine Cohade
Posted: Tue, 2014-11-25 15:01

Hi, 

I'm trying to avoid wasting power while developing my app. Easiest way, would be to cap at 30FPS. Ideally, I'd like to use EGLSwapInterval with 2 Vblank interval to do that, but it doesnt seem to be supported by my Nexus 7(2013) - Adreno 320. 

I'd like to do that without adding a sleep in the rendering loop. Is there any chance you will add it to next driver update ?

Thanks, 

Antoine 

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2014-12-04 07:37

Our drivers are dependent on the underlying window system which handles syncing with the video refresh. Commonly only 0 or 1 swap intervals are supported on most systems. <?xml:namespace prefix = o /?>

You can query EGL_MAX_SWAP_INTERVAL or EGL_MIN_SWAP_INTERVAL, using eglGetConfigAttrib, to get your range of supported interval values, but you’ll have to say within those limits.

Many games do use a sleep feature to maintain a desired frame rate (which is the preferred/device independent approach). Is there a reason you are averse to doing this?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.