Forums - glPolygonOffset problems

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
glPolygonOffset problems
marcin.lysniewski
Posted: Thu, 2014-10-16 02:41

Hi there,

I've been having some troubles with getting glPolyginOffset to work correctly on certain Adreno powered devices. Lately it has been Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7'' with Adreno 330 and driver  [email protected] AU@  (CL@3851443). On Nexus 5 updated to the latest system version everything works correctly, while on Fire HDX objects with glPolygonOffset applied to them always render on top. Kindle Fire behaves as if it used 16 bit depth buffer, but i double checked, and the depth buffer is 24 bit. The same thing happens on Sony Xperia SP (unfortunately I don't have driver number currently) but doesn't on Nexus 4 (both of those devices have Adreno 320 GPU)

The odd thing is, that when i capture the frame in Adreno Profiler everything renders correctly. Because of that, I am unable to track down the issue.

I would be very grateful if someone could shed light on my issue.

Best Regards

Marcin

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2014-10-17 13:38

Our most recent drivers have corrected the glPolygonOffset calculations to have the offset be more inline with the depth buffer precision.  The profiler uses an emulated desktop implementation which differs slightly from that in the mobile drivers.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.