Forums - Certain Depth texture formats have no results

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Certain Depth texture formats have no results
RelativeGames
Profile picture
Posted: Sat, 2014-07-05 09:09

Certain Depth texture formats have no results, as in I'm using it and it acts as if the entire texture was all 0s.

I've tested with :

Internal format = GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT16, Type = GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT

Internal format = GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT32F, Type = GL_FLOAT

With some previous drivers, the one with 16 used to work, now with the latest Adreno 320 drivers (I'm on Android 4.4.4) it only works if I use

Internal format = GL_DEPTH_COMPONENT, Type = GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT

This is all in conjunction with a GL_RGBA color texture. The odd part is that the 32 bit version works if I only have a depth attachment and no color attachment.

I made 2 builds for testing, one uses the working version above and the other uses Depth 32 with GL_FLOAT like described above, first is how it should look like (with DOF on) and second doesn't have any DOF. Besides that they're identical.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0P3ptcNhBGzNWQ4Y0VPQXBLU3M/edit?usp=sh...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0P3ptcNhBGzSF92S2c4VHA3ekk/edit?usp=sh...

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2014-07-08 08:58

Was able to install and run the provided apk w/Depth16 ok on current hardware..not yet on Adreno 320. 

1) Need more details to better analyze the problem.  Can you provide some detailed psuedo code on how you are setting up the FBOs?

2) Is it obvious when the depth texture is failing?

3) Could you let us know exactly which device and build the depth texture is failing with?

• Up0
  • Down0
RelativeGames
Profile picture
Posted: Wed, 2014-07-09 11:55

Well yeah it's a Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.4 and Adreno 320 ofcourse, you should probably just test it with that. On the device you tested, is the image from the 2 apks identical ? I could submit 2 images so you can figure out what exactly is wrong.

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2014-07-22 08:48

We've tested these versions on a Nexus 4 with Android 4.4.4 ()Linux version 3.4.0-perf-ga6edd5e)

The depth of field in Depth32.apk is more pronounced that in Depth16.apk.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.