Forums - How to use Adreno SDK on MAC OS X

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to use Adreno SDK on MAC OS X
terence
Posted: Fri, 2014-04-11 13:26

Hi, can anybody help me about this?

I just downloaded the adreno sdk version 3.6, but I only can launch the browser.sh.

I can not run any exsample or tutorials.

I want to know how I can use this sdk on MAC OSX, **not iOS**

I think I need a MAC OSX app example rendering with opengles2.0.

Thank you for any infomations!

• Up0
  • Down0
sraut
Posted: Fri, 2014-04-11 16:53

Hi,

What error are you seeing when you try to run the samples from the browser.

Also, what version of OSX are you using?

Samples on OSX are built as apps, so if you want to run the sample from terminal, I would recommend running the sample run file found in the contents/bin folder of the app.

• Up0
  • Down0
terence
Posted: Fri, 2014-04-11 21:25

Hi, sraut

Nothing pop out at all when I try to run the samples from the brower, it is the same as I double-click from contents/bin folder of the app.

If the app is the first time I try to run, it will pop out a dialog box ask me if I really want to open a app download from internet, I choose yes, and then nothing will happen at all, if I try to run again, even the notice-dialog box won't pop out, I have try most of that apps in bin folder, and get the same result.

My system is MAC OS X 10.9.2 .

And this is the folder my SDK Extra to : /Volumes/HD/dev/adrenosdk_3-6_osx/

*note:/Volumes/HD/   <== this disk is not the system boot disk, but had already mounted correctly, and my xcode locates in this disk too, and xcode always works well.

My system boot disk is: /Volumes/Mac/ 

Do I need to move the sdk folder to samewhere?

Thanks for your reply!

• Up0
  • Down0
terence
Posted: Fri, 2014-04-11 21:53

I had moved the SDK folder to /Volumes/Mac/Applications/adrenosdk_3-6_osx/

However, it dosen't work.

:-(

And I found that the tutorial sources are only windows version,when I try to build them on MAC by myself.

The samples code is based on Framework source, I don't know how to build them on MAC.

And I don't know how to deal with EGLNativeWindowType On MAC when try to create a eglSurface, as I can simply pass HWND to this on Windows platform.

If I can solve this problem, I can go further study.

• Up0
  • Down0
mariawall1
Posted: Fri, 2014-09-19 23:10

Using mac is simple. You need to change the system settings first. Try using these website.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.