Forums - Calculate GPUBusy

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Calculate GPUBusy
Posted: Fri, 2014-03-28 23:46

Hi 

i read the file sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/gpubusy, and calculate GPUBusy =  (first number) / (second number) ,but the GPUBusy always equal 1.0.However,i use Adreno Profiler ,the Metrics %busy is around 40%。i would know how to calculate the Metrics %busy.

Best Regard!

• Up0
  • Down0
mhfeldma Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2014-04-14 14:28

The Adreno Profiler uses a private api with the driver to determine GPUBusy (it's an alternative approach which should give very reliable results).. 

However the method with reading sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/gpubusy should also work.  Which device have you run your app on, and are there other devices you can try?  Also do you have a version of the app we can verify with as well?

• Up0
  • Down0
raziebe
Posted: Wed, 2016-07-27 05:36

I am also having difficulities with gpubusy. result yields 1.00 even though nothing happens. Would you be so kind to share with us the ardeno profiler formula ? I have snapdragon 800.

• Up0
  • Down0
namyong.park
Posted: Sun, 2016-08-28 21:19

Dear,

When I using navigation app, the gpubusy is 100%.

But %shaderbusy that measured by adreno profiler shows around 50%.

How can i guess what kind of GPU block so busy? (It was tested apq8064, and MSM8992 has same)

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
eddie.crawford
Posted: Thu, 2016-09-29 12:54

I've been using this quick dirty shell command to get my GPU allocation through GPUbusy, and it works great.

The +1 on the end is to eliminate the divide by zero error when GPU is idle

adb shell cat /sys/class/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/gpubusy | awk '{print $1 / ($2+1)}'

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.