Forums - Use of cameras for landing applications

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Use of cameras for landing applications
alvikag
Posted: Thu, 2017-09-14 20:26

Hi,

Can the downward camera supporting optical flow be also used for object detection (for eg: color based blob detection) for landing applications.? Can I get the raw frame captured by this camera on a ros topic to proceed with object detection?

Also can the forward facing cameras be tilted or are they fixed?

Thanks

Alvika

• Up0
  • Down0
jackdoc Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-09-28 07:45

Hi Alvika,

I recommend you check out snap_cam_ros for an example of how to interact with libcamera on the Snapdragon Flight board to get image frames in ROS.

If the optical flow application that you are using gets the frames directly from libcamera, you will not be able to get the frames in a separate process. However, if the optical flow application subscribes to the images in ROS, then ROS handles the fanout and the frames are available for other ROS nodes to consume as well.

Regarding the forward-facing cameras, I assume you are referring to the Snapdragon Flight Stereovision Add-on Kit. The cameras are mounted rigidly to point forward with about a thirteen-degree downward tilt. The tilt angle cannot be adjusted.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.