Forums - streaming the processed video frame from PX4/snap_cam through rtsp

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
streaming the processed video frame from PX4/snap_cam through rtsp
shubham gupta
Posted: Mon, 2017-09-11 22:32

Hi,

Thanks for paying attention to this issue.

Hardware and software

1. Snapdragon 801
  2. Opencv 3.2.0
  3. PX4
  4. snap_cam(https://github.com/PX4/snap_cam)

I have modified the snap_cam to access the front camera and giving that frame to opencv.

After processing the frame i want to stream that processed frame to a client througth RTSP server. I want to create a local rtsp server with snap_cam library. qcamvid is also streaming the video through rtsp i want to create something similar. Please provide me the information/alternative about library to stream(rtsp) the frames, which i can use in my snap_cam lib( c++ ). That would be a great help.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards

shubham

• Up0
  • Down0
James Wilson Moderator
Posted: Thu, 2017-09-14 19:01

Hello,

I am not an expert on this, but we use gstreamer on Snapdragon Flight boards to run an RTSP server.  More information on gstreamer is available here:

https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/#gstreamer-rtsp-server

To install gstreamer on target, the usual "sudo apt-get install" commands should work.

Jim W. 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.