Forums - ADB stops working

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ADB stops working
cupcake
Posted: Wed, 2017-09-06 01:14

I had this problem a few times now with different boards each time. Basically everything works fine for a while and then after a month or two, adb is no longer working. The device does not show up on a connected computer, connecting is obviously also not working then.

The snapdragon boots normally. I can ssh into it and use it. Any idea how to debug or fix ADB? My solution last time was to reinstall everything from scratch. But that's just a wasted day...

There is no obvious pattern in when it stops working. I did not use apt-get or anything like that in a while.

• Up0
  • Down0
br_robot Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2017-09-18 13:15

Not experienced this issue so far. We've had boards connected to host machines via adb for months.

1. Could it have something to do with your host machine? Have you tried "adb kill-server" and then "adb start-server"?
  2. When you do "lsusb" on the host computer, do you see a "Qualcomm HSUSB device" entry listed?
  3. When adb stops working for Snapdragon Flight, have you seen adb work on the same machine with other devices (such as a phone)
  4. Could you please check whether the adbd process is running on target? Try: ps -aef | grep adbd | grep -v grep
  • Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.