Forums - How to add kernel boot parameter on RB5?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
How to add kernel boot parameter on RB5?
sangmin.kim
Posted: Thu, 2021-12-16 21:39

Hi,

I wanna add some kernel boot parameters( about isolcpus=) on RB5

I wanna do or know a similar method of isolcpus.

How can I do?

And How can I download qrb5165.UBUN source code?

I already joined chipcode but there is no qrb5165.UBUN or qrb516.LINUX.

• Up1
  • Down0
mita.rathod
Posted: Thu, 2022-01-13 10:39

Dera Customer,

/SDX55_apps/apps_proc/poky/meta-qti-bsp/conf/machine/sdxprairie.conf
KERNEL_CMD_PARAMS = "**** isolcpus=1,3"

for download source code please contact your TAM

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
avik.de
Posted: Sun, 2023-12-03 14:34

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing as the OP, but I am not quite able to follow the instructions of @mita.rathod.

Does that path refer to something before the kernel is built? If so, I am using the ThunderComm SDK Manager, and with Docker, I logged into the shell before the image is build, but could not find that path:

This is what I see:

root@fa2d4c1ff54b:~/QRB5165.LU2.0_20230808.1511_debug# ls
build-system.sh deb_cache imgparser packages rootfs sparse.log utils
cdt full_build non_hlos repack.log rootfs_base ubuntu-rootfs

On the other hand, if this can be done after the kernel is built, that would be even better, but I don't see that path in the Ubuntu image. I've looked for /etc/default/grub and other similar locations.

• Up0
  • Down0
avik.de
Posted: Thu, 2023-12-07 07:05

I think I understand that mita.rathod was referring to a Yocto build, i.e. building a new image.

Is there no way to accomplish sending kernel command line parameters in an existing image? I'm using a Thudercomm image LU2.0 (but could use a LU1.0 if that makes it easier).

Thanks for any guidance.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.