Forums - Flashing the RB5 from Mac OS X?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flashing the RB5 from Mac OS X?
jhwill
Posted: Mon, 2021-05-03 18:06

So far I have been interacting with the RB5 via the Android Debug Bridge (adb) on my MacBook.

I did also install the Thundercomm SDK Manager on a Linux box in EC2.

The README in Thundercomm's SDK Manager includes some instructions for flashing the RB5 from Windows and various versions of Ubuntu. It does not state any explicit support for Mac OS X.

Nevertheless, I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to do it - is it possible to flash an RB5 from Mac OS X?

• Up0
  • Down0
mita.rathod
Posted: Wed, 2021-05-05 14:28

Hi Jhwill,
Flashing RB5 from MacOS is not supported

Thanks,
Mita

• Up0
  • Down0
Mayur
Posted: Fri, 2021-05-21 05:52

Hi jhwill , 

You can try with Docker Desktop for Mac 

You can Download docker desktop (https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop)

Then install ubuntu on docker & then try flashing from ubuntu 

Thanks &  Regards,

Mayur

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.