Forums - sonar configuration with snav

1 post / 0 new
sonar configuration with snav
vivekrk44
Posted: Sun, 2018-12-16 05:29

Hi,  

I have the maxbotix sonar (MB1240) sensor with me. I have attached a simple transistor inverter circuit ( as recomended here https://developer.qualcomm.com/comment/12943#comment-12943 ) between the tx pin of the sonar and the rx pin of the flight controller. I have checked the inverter with an oscilloscope and it works fine. 

I have also tried the same without the inverter without any result. 

I have added the blsp.config to make sure BAM-9 is tty-4 and BAM-2 is tty-1 

I did that to test out if the RC would work when connected to J12 and it does. Right now the problem is that the sonar raw data in snav_inspector is always empty. 

My configuration in the eagle.xml file is 

tty-1 for rc

tty-4 for sonar 

My blsp.config is 

tty-1 is bam-8

tty-4 is bam-9

The rest are all default. 

Is there any thing else that i am missing. I went through the snav params and could not find any param that would enable or disable the sonar. 

If somone could help me with the config that would be great. 

Another question regarding the devices. When i ls the /dev directory i cant find tty-1 or tty-2 etc. I believe they are only for the adsp and not for the apps proc. Could someone confirm my conclusion 

Regards

Vivek

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.