Forums - OnePlus 6 stuck on Qualcomm Crashdump Mode

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
OnePlus 6 stuck on Qualcomm Crashdump Mode
casemase39
Posted: Sun, 2021-05-30 05:41

Hi everyone, I was wondering whether anyone had experience dealing with this issue. My phone is not rooted, and I wasn't using it when this happened. It was plugged into the charger, and I saw this error message upon waking. I can access fastboot mode, but recovery mode leads to the same crash message. From what I have read on various forums and contacting customer service, it seems that there is no way for me to recover my data at all, which is unfortunate but not a huge loss. I am considering trading in this device for a OnePlus 8 Pro, but I would like to try attempting some other fixes before doing that. Would doing a fresh install of the OS, if that fails, affect the value of the phone as a trade-in? I see a fair few instances of this problem occurring in more recent OnePlus models, and I am also wondering whether it would be wise to continue going with OnePlus devices with this persisting issue. Of course, it may be uncommon enough that it does not really matter. Has anyone else had experience with this? I'd really appreciate some insight on the matter.

• Up0
  • Down0
archipardeep
Posted: Mon, 2021-06-14 04:10

Hi Casemase39 and others,

I am facing exact same issue as mentioned by Casemase39, my OnePlus 6 phone was working fine until one day, I found it was not restarting, I thought it has got discharged fully so need to recharge. But after charging for sometime, I was unable to get it started on. It can get to BIOS options of recovery etc but never got started. Later it started showing Qualcomm Crashdump screen. I have no idea, what has happened suddenly to this phone. And what made it go Crashed just after completing 3 years since i bought it brand new. Later i took help from online resources and tech support from oneplus support team, but all in vain. I have reached to Service Centre for repair, the person have told me that its motherboard must have been gone bad and would be replaced in Rs. 170000, which is shocking to me. I would definitely not go paying that much for an old phone. If some one else is facing this and let us know, what could be way ahead. I mean if i could use same phone for another 2 - 3 years so that it can pay the value i had hoped it would work for.

Right now, I have left the phone at service center in my town, hoping he would do something with the software to start it again. If anyone knowledgeable about this issue can enlighten us about the issue and solution, it would be a great help. Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
versatileneha.balani
Posted: Tue, 2021-07-27 09:22

Hi, 

Im facing the exact same issue. the phone (one plus 6) was smooth like butter for 3 years, no issues, no scratches, didnt fall/break, in perfect condition. i was really content with my phone, but right after 3 years it went into crashdump mode.

It started with a blackout, wasnt responding to charging. i took it to the service center , he opened the parts and then 'crashdump mode' started showing up. Im highly dissapointed and sad because this was right after my leh/ladakh trip, ive lost all my data and the phone is of INR 0 value now. i spent INR40000 only for it to blackout like this.

Any help/suggestion would be highly appreciated as id still want to fix my phone i genuinely liked it.

• Up0
  • Down0
jddennis
Posted: Tue, 2021-07-27 09:56
This thread is off-topic for this forum, and is now closed.
  • Up0
  • Down0
Topic locked

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.