Forums - Support for DSPAL on 820

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Support for DSPAL on 820
gmerewet
Posted: Thu, 2019-05-09 08:10

Hi,

Thanks for a great update to the previous Flight Board!

Is there a timeline for supporting DSPAL / POSIX emulation layer on the ADSP on the 820? I'm running on the SLPI for now, because I need threading and a bunch of other DSPAL functionality. For anyone interested, the code is here: https://github.com/genemerewether/quest-fw/tree/quest-master/SnapdragonFlight and here: https://github.com/genemerewether/quest-fw/tree/quest-master/HEXREF There's a mechanism for shuttling data between the SLPI and the apps processor, and the code optionally links against ROS libraries for message pub/sub. There are drivers for the onboard MPU9250 over SPI, as well as for UART, I2C, and GPIOs. On the Linux side, there are drivers for the Optic flow, Hires, and Stereo (coming soon) cameras, with autoexposure for Optic and Stereo from the MV package. The code also runs on the 801 (previous flight board).

It looks like the choice of link library (-ladsprpc or -lsdsprpc) controls whether code runs on the ADSP or SLPI - is that correct? Is there another way to choose for each FastRPC function where the remote call gets invoked? I ask because the framework I use usually builds and links a single binary - we might fork and/or exec inside to get multiprocess, but there's usually a single link line generating a single executable. 

-Gene

• Up0
  • Down0
plusk
Posted: Mon, 2019-05-13 07:47

What is the SLPI vs DSP? Are they different processors? Where can I find more info about the SLPI (e.g., what does the acronym stand for?)

Also, is this the reason that the dspal_tester fails everything except HAP power API test?

• Up1
  • Down0
gmerewet
Posted: Sun, 2019-05-19 09:04

There are at least two different functional blocks in the Hexagon 680 - see here: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-820-mobile-platform

I've mostly used the Sensor Low-Power Island, also listed as Snapdragon Sensor Core on the board schematics from Intrinsyc.

Do you have access to the Intrinsyc support site? There's a note there on making sure that the DSPAL tests target the SLPI (DSP_TYPE_SLPI vs DSP_TYPE_ADSP). Nearly all tests will fail on the ADSP, as the DSPAL image doesn't seem to have been shipped for the ADSP, so the symbols can't be resolved at runtime. This is consistent with Qualcomm's Snapdragon Navigator releases, which target the SLPI on the 820 (sdsprpc library is in the linked libs).

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.