Forums - Get scan result more frequently

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Get scan result more frequently
tishihara
Posted: Thu, 2019-05-30 11:01

I am testing  QCA4024 QCLI_demo, BLE > ScanLE.

I got scan result from target beacon once for 5 sec.

Regarding to sniffer result, the target beacon send packet 20 times every second. 99% of packet is not reported.

Does someone know the way to receive scan result more frequently? I like to receive at least one packet per second.

I tried these, but not significut improve.

•   - Scan_Interval=100ms, Scan_Window=100ms
  •   - Add beacon's public address to white list
  • Up0
  • Down0
gesqdn-forum
Posted: Mon, 2019-06-24 21:52

Hi  Tishihara,

Scan_Window stores the value of time in ms, how long to scan at each scanning interval.
Scan_Interval indicates at what time intervals scanner is started.
So to get scan results more frequently, kindly increase the scan_window time and make sure the scan interval time is as minimum as possible.
This change in device configuration will make the device to receive more packets possible but on other hand it may result in higher power consumption.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.