Forums - Can't build with latest SDK

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can't build with latest SDK
nelson.kon
Posted: Mon, 2018-09-10 03:04

Hi,

I downloaded the latest SDK, the one that comes with QCA402x_plugin.jar.  I am using onboard_demo project

I followed the instructions in document 80-ya121-140-qca402xcdb2x_development_kit_user_guide.pdf on section 3.5.3.1, 3.5.3.2, 3.5.3.3.

Section 3.5.2 actually can't work for onboard_demo.  So I just go into its gcc folder, using command prompt and run make prepare.  This will create the export folder.

I right click on my project->Properties->C/C++ Build->Behavior.  At the Build (Incremental build) place, i key in t 4020 2 1 1 cdb 2p0.

Then I go to section 3.9.1 and 5.1 of the user guide.  Follow through.

At my eclipse, when click on build, I got the below error.

17:47:34 **** Incremental Build of configuration t_20_cdb_2p0 for project Onboard_demo2 ****
build.bat t 4020 2 1 1 cdb 2p0 
Invalid board variant: 2

Usage: build.bat [RTOS (FreeRTOS = f, ThreadX = t)] [chipset variant (4020, 4024, 4025)] [board variant (Carrier = c, DUT = d, CDB = cdb)] [chipset revision (1.2 = 1p2, 2.0 = 2p0)] [NVM file]

17:47:36 Build Finished (took 1s.281ms)

If in my setting I do with t 4020 cdb 2p0, it just builds the hello_world.  It doesn't build my onboard_demo.

It's weird.  With the previous SDK, I can manage to finish building.

Is there anything I miss out?  Or there're new steps to follow with the new SDK?

Please help

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2018-09-10 16:34

I am able to build using the latest QDN release.

16:26:21 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project Onboard_demo ****
build.bat t 4020 2 1 1 cdb
awsiot

Selected Radio Is ZIGBEE
Selected Zigbee mode is COORDINATOR

CDB
Building Onboard AWS demo for v2 Chipset
RTOS threadx
CHIPSET VARIANT qca4020
Onboard Via WIFI
Battery Operated 0
Ecosystem awsiot
"Building for AWS"
Exporting Device config files....
GENERATING DEVCFG....

Below are my eclipse settings:
Build Command: build.bat
Build Directory: ${workspace_loc:/Onboard_demo/build/gcc}
Build (Incremental Build): t 4020 2 1 1 cdb
Environment : ECOSYSTEM awsiot

Let me know if you still face any issues.

• Up0
  • Down0
nelson.kon
Posted: Tue, 2018-09-11 00:32

Hi Raja,

Are you using the old build.bat file?  If I use the new build.bat file, it has the problem as I mentioned in my first post.  I tried to replace the new build.bat file with the old one, then I manage to build it.  

I compare the old build.bat file and the new one, they have a lot of differences.

Regards,

Nelson

• Up0
  • Down0
c_rpedad
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2018-09-11 12:05

I have tried locally and its working with no issues.

12:00:32 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project Onboard_demo ****
build.bat t 4020 2 1 1 cdb
awsiot

Selected Radio Is ZIGBEE
Selected Zigbee mode is COORDINATOR

CDB
Building Onboard AWS demo for v2 Chipset
RTOS threadx
CHIPSET VARIANT qca4020
Onboard Via WIFI
Battery Operated 0
Ecosystem awsiot
"Building for AWS"
Exporting Device config files....

If you still face the issue provide us the console output to debug more.

Note: The issue may occur due to multiple reasons:
> Check if you are using Onboard_Demo path and modify build parameters as build.bar t 4020 2 1 1 cdb.
> The issue may occur if Build Environment is set to Offline, in such case you need to edit the Build Environment and set ECOSYSTEM to awsiot.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.