Forums - GT202 AT command mode

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
GT202 AT command mode
Advanced Micropower
Posted: Tue, 2015-12-29 05:57

Hi,

I want to put the GT202 into AT command mode, It is as purchased - no firmware downloads.

Looking at the GT202 datasheet:

http://sp.chip1stop.com/sp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/GT202_Data_Sheet-v...

If I pull HM[1:0]   to 01     then on power up it should enter:

No external host required mode

Is the module now ready to accept AT serial commands on UART0   115200,8,n,1    ?

Will the debug UART1 transmit any information ?

What is possible / not possible with AT commands  ?

The AT commands are covered by a NON DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT (I Don't understand why !!)   - I have applied.. 

As this forum will be unable to help, how do I get support on these commands ?

Many thanks,

Alan..

• Up0
  • Down0
Advanced Micropower
Posted: Wed, 2015-12-30 11:21

I have now tried as per the previous post, and the current drawn by the module was approx zero

I then pulled up the powerdown pin via a 4k7 resistor to 3V3 and the current is now about 30mA

I am sending AT commands to UART0, but no response (I have yet to get the documentation)

The serial lines are  3V3 digital  (FTDI - TTL lead) -  sits at 3V3 when not transmitting (as expected)

Any ideas why I am not getting a uart reply, I was expecting something ?

B.T.W   I don't understand the Alt matrix table  in the datasheet, How do I select an Alt mode ?

Thanks,

Alan..

• Up0
  • Down0
Xen
Posted: Wed, 2016-01-06 23:20

Look at the revision history on page 2 of GT202 Datasheet 1.4.

V1.4   2014/10/24   Delete 4.1 UART Serial link mode of page 12

• Up0
  • Down0
Advanced Micropower
Posted: Thu, 2016-01-07 01:07

Hi Xen,

I never noticed that last revision, does this mean the AT commands are not now implemented in the device, or has the diagram just been removed in the datasheet ?

Thanks,

Alan..

• Up0
  • Down0
Xen
Posted: Thu, 2016-01-07 02:10

Hi,

I don't know the reason, but Qualcomm has removed its feature from QCA4002.

Xen

• Up0
  • Down0
Advanced Micropower
Posted: Mon, 2016-01-11 01:51

Hi Xen,

If anyone has been using the AT commands in a design with previous versions of the GT202 - they will not be happy this feature has been removed !!

This change should have been a major highlight in the current datasheet, not one line in the revision notes !

We spent nearly a week trying to get the AT commands documentation (Non Disclosure Agreement)  and trying to get a response from the module. 

We have moved to a different part.

Many thanks for your help

Alan..

• Up0
  • Down0
Advanced Micropower
Posted: Mon, 2016-01-11 01:52

Hi Xen,

If anyone has been using the AT commands in a design with previous versions of the GT202 - they will not be happy this feature has been removed !!

This change should have been a major highlight in the current datasheet, not one line in the revision notes !

We spent nearly a week trying to get the AT commands documentation (Non Disclosure Agreement)  and trying to get a response from the module. 

We have moved to a different part.

Many thanks for your help

Alan..

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.