Forums - Failing to sending 5GHz raw packets

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Failing to sending 5GHz raw packets
wrdavis
Posted: Thu, 2016-02-11 09:44

I am using the SP140/144 development kit and am able to send raw packets using the ATH_MAC_TX_RAW command over 2.4GHz.  I have another system monitoring the packets so I know that these are being transmitted as expected.

However, when I change the channel to something in the 5GHz range the packets are not transmitted.  When I execute the "--gettxstat" command I see the following status messages:

Before any packet is transmitted - "TX Idle"

After the first packet is sent - "TX Idle"

After all subsequent packets - "TX status Host Pending"

Then after sending close to 4K worth of packets the code returns with a failure status which I presume is buffer full since all of my packets are pending in a buffer and not being sent for some unknown reason.

The question is why does this work perfectly on 2.4GHz but not on 5GHz.  I should add that before I sent anything I also set the "--wmode" tp 'n' for 802.11n.  It would seem to me that both the code and hardware should be the same regardless of the physical speed that it is being sent at.  I am wondering if there is some magic sauce that I am missing to make this work.

Roger

• Up0
  • Down0
wrdavis
Posted: Fri, 2016-02-12 07:14

The previous post I have noticed that the condition of not actually sending the packets appears to depend on what channels the device considers valid.  If I perform an "iwconfig scan" and pick a channel from what it finds for sending raw packets then it does not appear to hang.

So the question is, how do I get the list of channels that it deems valid?  I understand that it may be a regulatory setting but I don't know how to set that.  

The documentation talks about a command "GET_CHANNEL_LIST" that would be useful but I don't see:

1. an example where it is used in the source code

2. a #define anywhere in the source code that defines it so that I could try to write code to use it

Roger

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.