Forums - QCA4002 t_ipconfig(IPCFG_DHCP) blocks endless when no DHCP server in sight

1 post / 0 new
QCA4002 t_ipconfig(IPCFG_DHCP) blocks endless when no DHCP server in sight
Joe Merten
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2016-01-28 12:48

My setup:

- Qualcomm Atheros Driver Stack
  - version 3.3.4
  - offloaded stack
  - freertos platform port by Natie van Rooyen
  - SPI, running at 13,5 MHz
  - configuration details:
        #define ZERO_COPY 1
        #define NON_BLOCKING_RX 0
        #define NON_BLOCKING_TX 0
        #define MAX_SOCKETS_SUPPORTED 8
        #define WLAN_CONFIG_NUM_PRE_ALLOC_RX_BUFFERS 4
        #define COMMAND_BLOCK_TIMEOUT 60000
        #define TRANSMIT_BLOCK_TIMEOUT 2000
        #define DHCP_WAIT_TIME    30000
        #define DHCP_AUTO_WAIT_TIME 60000*2
        wifi driver thread has the highest thread priority within the application

When I execute t_ipconfig(IPCFG_DHCP) from my application thread and there is no DHCP server in sight, I would expect that the call returns with an error code after the configured timeout has been expired. But unfortunately, it isn't so. Instead, the call blockes forever.

In the case that there is no DHCP server around, I need to be e.g. notified and even a way to cancel the current (failed) DHCP request so that I can e.g. try a different AP or provide my user some configuration obtions. What's the exactly meaning for DHCP_WAIT_TIME if not for "time until give up DHCP"?

There is another issue I observed occasionally, as were the DHCP request blocks infinitely, even when there is a DHCP server available. In this case, I also need a way to cancel the current DHCP request (for maybe start a new request).

Could someone help?

Anyone observed similar behaviour?

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.