Forums - Disable IDLE mode

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Disable IDLE mode
b.bilas
Posted: Mon, 2018-07-02 23:11

Hi,

i'm using a cample code for gatt server and everything works like a charm but I would like to disable the idle mode but i didn't find any way to do it. Do you havy any idea how can I disable it?

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2018-07-03 01:41

why do you like to disable mode that saves battery power? 

in any case, you need to change the code. as wake up by the button event

, you can call my Skype nissim.test

• Up0
  • Down0
b.bilas
Posted: Tue, 2018-07-03 01:52

I don't use a battery supply and I prefer to be in slow broadcasting mode for infinity. I was checking the part of code responsible for button event but there is nothing about idle mode.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2018-07-03 02:51

call my Skype nissim.test
I will not send source code here. 

• Up0
  • Down0
ana
Posted: Tue, 2018-07-03 04:20

Your refusal to help with specifics in combination with your constant suggestion to move discussions out of this forum makes it apparent that you see this forum as a means to promote your consulting services, not a place where users help each other.

Not only is this disrespectful to the rest of the forum users who come here to discuss solutions openly, but let me also remind you of the  forum community guidelines:

Advertising or solicitation is not permitted on QDN's forums. This behavior is grounds for removal from the forums.

I have not yet found a way to report posts or users, otherwise I would have done that instead of posting this publicly.

PS If someone from Qualcomm reads this, you really need to make it easer to report posts, especially spam. Feel free to delete this message, but I would welcome a discussion about the subject.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2018-07-03 05:02

I told you the solution to solve your problem. 

to follow the button event and generate it by yourself.  to keep device awake. 

To check your source code and add my source code is 10H work. And  I do not do free of charge.  

Moreover calling my Skype by a fake industry as Bartek and not Anders Andersson says it all.

You can see near my name on the left, that my company is external design house. 

Have success. 

• Up0
  • Down0
b.bilas
Posted: Fri, 2018-09-07 01:56

Your solution was useless becauseit actually doesn't work. I've fixed it by disable IDLE timer by set SLOW_ADVERT_TIMEOUT to 0. Acording to the skype call, "Bartek" isn't any fake company but my name, so check everything before posting. Also, why you've never added information that your support needs extra payment?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.