Forums - CSR Mesh interfacing over Gateway without CSR specific chip

1 post / 0 new
CSR Mesh interfacing over Gateway without CSR specific chip
m.borer
Posted: Thu, 2017-01-26 06:40

Hi Supportteam

we have a CSR Mesh network. With a Mobile device it is possible to interface the Mesh network over the Bridge Model. As we would like to use a Gateway from a partner with a different Bluetooth Chip than CSR, we think about interfacing the Mesh Network over mesh-specific GATT profiles.

I read some documentation on the CSR Support page but I did not come clear with the following points:

1. Can I use a gateway with a different chipset than CSR to interface the Meshnetwork of CSR?

2. Can this be done using the mesh specific GATT profiles?

3. What are the differences and drawbacks if i interface the meshnetwork over GATT or with the Gateway Southbound idea (using a CSR dongle).

Your answer is kindly appreciated.

Best regards

Mario

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.