Forums - CSR8675 Custom GATT Service

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
CSR8675 Custom GATT Service
marius.chincisan
Posted: Mon, 2020-12-07 19:45

Using  ADK_CSR867x.WIN4.3.0.29 on a project foked form apps/sink

Question 1.
I just enabled GATT and I cannot see default service 1A00 on mty android BTLE scanner. ANy idea.
I stepped trough the code and all GAT + GAP looks it starts just fine.

Question 2.

I am following  a guideline I found online at
https://www.programmersought.com/article/85926072932/

The init function GattSPPCServiceServerInit() get's 2 HANDLER_ID's.
For existent default built in service they are defined in  sink_gat.db like HANDLE_IMM_ALERT_SERVICE_END for example.
What values do I pick for my GATT servicve, because looks like the GattManagerRegisterServer()
Looksup the ids in the server database and fails if the id;s are not in the range.

Thank you.

• Up0
  • Down0
marrius9876
Posted: Mon, 2021-01-18 06:47

Hi, After couple of days I figure it out the hard way.. I have the GATT working.

The ADK source code is a mess of spagetty code with data and structures
all over the place.  I guess the BLE was never tested , though it doe not work
in  either of the samples.  The IDE is a nightmare, crashes every 5 minutes...
I reinstalled 100 times, This web is also a mess is jumping in the browser hardly
you can click on a link,
If I get a notification from the forum, I cannot read it, it says 'access denied'.
I'll guess Ill never ever choose  a Qualcom chip in the future. BAd SDK, Bad support,
non existent community, closed and restricted information.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.