I am new to the LTE world and my google research ended up with more questions than answers.
I am relating to the LTE DIRECT capability. I read that this broadcast-style communication is good for 500m approximately with Line Of Sight.
My questions are
- Is there a chip, realizing the LTE-D (direct) capability?
- Does the 500m limitation, assume specific transmission power?
- Does it really need Line Of Sight?
- What is the data throughput between two peers or does LTE-D is meant to broadcast 128bit sentences once and a while?
- Following my previous question, how is it that it doesn’t occlude the BW when no service monitor devices or users (assuming large data throughput)?
- Any spec or datasheet (of implemented protocol) exists?
- Does the LTE-D has limitations with respect to movement speed? Would it supports Running or Cars?