Forums - Board not connected

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Board not connected
alisson_srs
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-07 09:55
Hi,

I am using the CSR1010 with the development kit, after some tests the led SPI ERROR has turn on and after that the board is not connecting

In xIDE the error appears:

Running 'C:/CSR_uEnergy_SDK-2.3.0.31/tools/bin/make SDK=C:/CSR_uEnergy_SDK-2.3.0.31/tools -f hr_sensor.release.mak build'...

C:/CSR_uEnergy_SDK-2.3.0.31/tools/Makefile.common.rules.Auto:11: *** Failed to detect hardware on Debug Transport 'SPITRANS=USB SPIPORT=0' Project property: Target Hardware 'Auto Detect'. Stop.

Finished.

The pins are as in the picture:

How do I proceed?

thank you
  • Up0
  • Down0
Siddhesh
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-07 20:23

Hi,

I am afraid you might have damaged the CSR1010 IC.

I faced a similiar error when we damaged the same development board.

Regards.

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Wed, 2016-12-07 22:52

It is nearly imposable to destroy the CSR1010 PCB if just connected to USB SPI to flash new code. 

BUT, if you connect it to USB UART 5V, it may be born. use only USB UART 3V on TX/RX,

Disconnect it from All USB and let it be for 2H, something the PIO launched. and try again, just with USB SPI . 

Try also using CsConfig.exe if it read the CSR1010 chip

• Up0
  • Down0
alisson_srs
Posted: Thu, 2016-12-08 04:44

Hi,

I already disconnected all and connect only with usb spi but nothing change .

I try to use the CsConfig.exe but it doesn't find the board.

This appear error after plug a button and a touch sensor on PIO11 and PIO9 (the button and the sensor are plugin on VDD_BAT).

I think that this can't damage the chip right?

Thank you

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2016-12-08 20:59

If  button and a touch sensor on PIO11 and PIO9 received power from VDD_BAT, that can't burn the chip.

The question is what was the VDD_BAT voltage. if it was from CR2032 3V. that 100% fine. if it was external 5V, that can burn the chip. 

Another possible is that you discharge static high voltage from yourself to PCB. and that can burn any chip. 

Never touch parts or PCB surface. Hold PCB only on the most external edges. Or ground yourself with ground wristband all the time. see https://goo.gl/8lftFc

Static high-voltage happen normally when you are in cold weather, in a close warm and very dry rooms. Your walking charges your body and when you touch metal parts sometimes you can feel the high-voltage spike. 

Another option is that you burn the PC USB port. Just plug another device to that PC USB and see if it gets power.

Or open device manager and see if you see CSR USB-SPI device.

Is your battery charged? you see 3V on CR2032 ? 

• Up0
  • Down0
alisson_srs
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 04:11
Hello, thank for you answers

I tested the CR2032 and the voltage are 3.3V.

It's not USB because i already tested all of my ports.

The board it is without battery, only on usb energy. It's necessary safe to remove?

I think that can be static...

Thank you
  • Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 06:05

Probably static. Or some load on the CSR SPI wires. 

• Up0
  • Down0
alisson_srs
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 08:24
Hi again,

Has any way to continue using the board?

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2016-12-12 12:10

If it dead... no. Maybe if you have SMT soldering skills you can replace the CSR1010. I am not recommending that. 

• Up0
  • Down0
alisson_srs
Posted: Tue, 2016-12-13 04:30

Ok, Thank you for your answers

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.