Forums - CSR1010 EEPROM access and boot

1 post / 0 new
CSR1010 EEPROM access and boot
ilans
Posted: Thu, 2016-10-27 03:14

Hello all!

I need to make CSR1010 work with our own I2C slave and I have several questions:

1. Which I2C slave EEPROM address does the CSR1010 look for to start a boot process?

2. what is the exact startup sequence? (including when SPI is not found, which is not mentioned in diagrams)

2. what happens if no reply from EEPROM is received right away? what if it's available only some time later? 

3. what is the maximum image size the CSR1010 might require? is it the same size the eeprom must support (and no more)?

4. if the image is not maximal (for instance, last written address is X), does it read only up to address X, or should I expect it to read from the entire EEPROM, or the entire maximal image size?

5. without explicit memory access written in the program code, does the CSR require any additional access to the EEPROM after startup is compete? can we assume no additional access is made until next boot?

6. how do I know startup is finished, and CSR will not send any more commands to the eeprom?

7. how do I know CSR needs to access the EEPROM at startup?

Thank you very much, in advance!

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.