Forums - Change name of device

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Change name of device
takion.controles
Posted: Sat, 2016-07-16 06:15

I wish to determine my own connection name (UUID) for the bluetooth CSR1010 or CSR1012. May someone tell me how to do this? I couldn't find no reference to this in the data sheets. Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
cbs
Profile picture
Posted: Tue, 2016-07-19 01:55

Bluetooth LE peripherals and beacons "advertise" their presence by broadcasting packets on special frequencies.

The advertisement packet may contain a Name field, a UUID field and some other things. Name is not the same as UUID. These are all configured by the firmware calling LsStoreAdvScanData(). Additionally, the Device Name is available as a GATT Database characteristic once you are connected to a Central device (e.g. a phone). Unfortunately, many of the examples in the CSR SDK don't link these data together so it's not obvious that changing one should change the other...

Hope this helps!

Chris

• Up0
  • Down0
Dr. Nissim Zur
Profile picture
Posted: Sat, 2016-07-23 00:58

You can change the advertising name by changing the name 

see CSR_uEnergy_SDK-2.5.1\apps\health_thermometer\gap_service.c 

/* Default device name - Added two for storing AD Type and Null ('\0') */ 

uint8 g_device_name[DEVICE_NAME_MAX_LENGTH + 2] = {
AD_TYPE_LOCAL_NAME_COMPLETE, 
'C', 'S', 'R', ' ', 'T', 'h', 'e', 'r', 'm', 'o', 'm', 'e', 't', 'e', 'r', '\0'};

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.