Forums - Beacon/Observer problem

1 post / 0 new
Beacon/Observer problem
Logos01
Posted: Tue, 2016-07-12 02:40
We're doing a new project based on beacon-observer architecture.

We have three beacons, they broadcast some parameters using ble private random address. 
We also have one antenna that acts as observer.

Two beacons are properly detected by the antenna and we can succesfuly process the datas but the third one is not detected (AppProcessLmEvent function never gets called after we invoke LsStartStopScan).
I tought it was a beacon antenna tuning trouble so i checked the traffic with the "packet sniffer" tool of TI using the CC2540 usb dongle, and with my surprise i see the packets running properly from all the beacons with decent rssi values (from -30 down to -60).
After this test i tought it was a crystal tuning issue so i tried to change the crystal trimming value with CSKey tool but we don't see any results either from the CSR antenna (never detecting the 3rd beacon) neither from the Packet Sniffer (we always see the packets properly broadcasted with the same rssi despite the crystal trimming value is 00 or 0x20 or 0x3f)

What are we doing wrong? any further tests we can do? 

Bests

Vesentini Lorenzo

Logos01 Srl

• Up0
  • Down0

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.