Forums - CSR8510 USB dongle driver fails with Windows10

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
CSR8510 USB dongle driver fails with Windows10
stodd
Posted: Thu, 2017-03-16 06:33

CSR8510 USB dongle dirver update fails in SDK 2.6.0.10 with Windows 10.  The drivers placed in the SDK are for Windows7 and Windows8. 

I followed the instructions in the driver document "CS-315781-UG-2.pdf", but the driver update fails with error code (Code 48).

The error message is:   "The software for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver (Code 48).".

What is the work-around for this problem?  I sure hope I'm not the first to encounter the problem.

NOTE: SDK 2.6.0.10 is the latest, according to the wiki page;  which I installed before connecting the dongle

• Up0
  • Down0
stodd
Posted: Tue, 2017-03-21 02:41

Has anyone had a simillar problem, or know of a work around?

• Up0
  • Down0
robalem
Posted: Mon, 2017-10-02 02:53

I experienced the exact same issue today but I managed to fix it.

The reason is that problably your internal bluetooth adapter is still running. This is the problem because Windows does not allow two adapters to run simultaneously. 

The solution to this is to disable both bluetooth adapters (your internal pc adapter and bluetooth dongle adapter) in the Windows 'Device Manager' (Config panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager). After both have been disabled you can enable your dongle and it should be working fine. I hope this works for you, because for me it did.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.