Forums - IFC Development Board

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
IFC Development Board
Viperz28
Posted: Tue, 2015-01-06 16:29

Where can I find a IFC Development Board? I have a DragonBoard Development Kit based on Snapdragon 800 but it is a bit too big to put on a rover, do we have something smaller?

• Up0
  • Down0
Re: IFC Development Board Best Answer
rama Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2015-01-06 17:46
  • Up0
  • Down0
Vasu_
Posted: Tue, 2015-01-27 10:41

@mcarr, as @rama pointed out, the Inforce 6410 SBC (Pico-ITX form factor of 10cm x 7cm, so small enough for the rover) can be purchased online.  The Snapdragon micro-rover has been built with the Inforce 6410 riding piggyback on it along with a 5MP Omnivision camera (Inforce accessory ACC-1H00, which is used for pattern recognition when you run the "Follow-target" app). See this link for a picture of how it's configured. The Inforce 6410 SBC communicates with the IOIO board (for PWM/motor control) via BT and both the SBC and the camera fit snugly into grooves on top of the 3D printed snapdragon micro-rover. You need to secure it with a velcro and a couple of screws. As some of the algorithms you'd potentially run on the Inforce 6410 could be pretty intensive, we recommend you add a simple passive heat-sink on top of the APQ8064 SoC to improve heat dissipation and performance.

Cheers!

Vasu

• Up0
  • Down0
Harisptl
Posted: Wed, 2016-05-04 15:18

hello

I have a question is their a development board to test modem if the modem is defective or functional?

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.