Forums - Is MSDC multi-taskable?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is MSDC multi-taskable?
joonwoo.kim
Posted: Fri, 2014-12-19 01:49

Hello,

Suppose there needs to have multiple applications in a device that all use MSDC, for example, TV-app and Radio-app.

What is the guideline to control their access to the MSDC? Does MSDC support multi-tenant access to its resources?

If MSDC is not sharable, its applications should be design to run exclusively or toggle the access to MSDC as the focus alters.

Please guide. Thanks.

• Up0
  • Down0
elmira Moderator
Posted: Fri, 2014-12-19 11:41

Hi Joonwoo,

The MSDC middleware is able to handle multiple applications. No special control is needed on the UI application side.

Thanks,

Elmira

• Up0
  • Down0
joonwoo.kim
Posted: Mon, 2014-12-29 01:35

Hi Elmira,

I know MSDC is technically linkable to multiple applications simultaneously, and what I want to learn further is whether it is smart enough to handle those applications as if each application was designed to run simply alone in the system. Multi-tenancy may be a good term to describe such ability, which must support context-switching.

(Ex.1) Suppose both app-1 and app-2 uses MSDC with different 'serviceClass' parameters during initialization. My guess is app-1's acess to MSDC attribute would yield different results after app-2's initialization of MSDC.

(Ex.2) When app-1 terminates MSDC, will app-2 still have valid access to MSDC, possibly by MSDC's reference counting?

If the answers turn to be negative, we hope to have a guide to switch MSDC contexts inside application programming.

Joon-Woo

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Mon, 2014-12-29 15:12

Dear Customer,

Yes, Application 1 will be treated as a different application and will be returned results different than application 2.

Also, once application 1 is terminated, MSDC will continue to run in the background till all application bound to it are terminated.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
joonwoo.kim
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-30 17:29

Hi AnkitK,

Please let me know if I understand your first answer correctly:

Does it mean app-1 will return the same expected results, not affected by app-2's initialization of MSDC with different 'serviceClass' parameter in the middle of app-1's execution?

Joon-Woo

• Up0
  • Down0
AnkitK Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-30 22:05

Dear Customer,

Your understanding is correct. app-1 will not be affected by app-2.

Thanks

Ankit

• Up0
  • Down0
joonwoo.kim
Posted: Tue, 2015-01-06 16:02

Great. It works. Thank you.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.