Forums - ota upgrade failed, problems restoring firmware

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
ota upgrade failed, problems restoring firmware
gvandenbosch
Posted: Wed, 2015-03-25 02:12

Hi,

I tried to do an OTA upgrade from firmware 3.2 to 3.3 on my sp144.

The ota functions returned result A_OK and while it was updating saw a lot of TFTP traffic in wireshark, so this seemed to have succeeded but when I rebooted the device it didn't load the firmware anymore, BMI is still functioning.

To get the board functional again I tried updating the firmware through BMI now, but this has been unsuccesfull. I did this by setting the DRIVER_CONFIG_ENABLE_HOST_FW_DOWNLOAD to 1 in a_config.h

I have tried "ath_fw_binary.h" from both the 3.2 and 3.3 version to get in, when I step through it with the debugger it  goes through the BMI upgrade process and no errors are returend, but after a reboot nothing will happen.

Is the ath_fw_binary.h file for the sp144?

If not how would I change a bin file for the sp144 to a valid ath_fw_binary.h?

Maybe any other suggestions?

Cheers,

Gerard

• Up0
  • Down0
gvandenbosch
Posted: Wed, 2015-04-08 23:28

help?

• Up0
  • Down0
OranGu
Profile picture
Posted: Thu, 2015-04-09 17:09

Hi Gerard ,

Please contact me through email [email protected]. I need to verify some things with you.

BTW: where did you get your boards from 

BR,

Oran 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.