Forums - Bad J8 UEXT pinout information or bad silkscreen on SP140/SP144 dev kit

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bad J8 UEXT pinout information or bad silkscreen on SP140/SP144 dev kit
douglas.turnbow
Posted: Tue, 2014-12-23 09:37

While trying to connect my oscilloscope to the PS140/SP144 Development kit, I was using pin 1 on J8 as my ground point.  As soon as I connected the oscilloscope ground it killed the board (LED turned off, board unresponsive).

Upon checking the J8 UEXT connector, it looks like the pinout specified in the SP140 Development Platform Hardware Guide is wrong.  Or what is probably more likely is that the silkscreen on the board indicating pins 1 and 2 is wrong.

Pin Documented   Actual

1   GND                +3.3V

2   +3.3V               GND

3   UART_RXD     unable to verify yet, but assume this is actually UART_TXD

4   UART_TXD     corresponds to pin12 on the SP144 (UART0_TXD)

5   SPI_INT          CHIP_PWD#

6   CHIP_PWD#   SPI_INT

7   SPI_MOSI       SPI_MISO

8   SPI_MISO       SPI_MOSI

9   SPI_CS#         SPI_CLK

10 SPI_CLK         SPI_CS#

Can we get the documentation and/or the silkscreen corrected?

• Up0
  • Down0
OranGu
Profile picture
Posted: Mon, 2015-01-05 15:00

thanks for the correction . We will check and fix . 

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.