Forums - Firmware upgrade - custom code

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Firmware upgrade - custom code
Wojtek_
Posted: Fri, 2014-10-03 05:31

Hello,

I am writing my own driver - not for Freescale chip. I have a problem with upgrading firmware on the SP141 module. I am using function similar to BMIWriteMemory(A_VOID *pCxt, A_UINT32 address, A_UCHAR *buffer, A_UINT32 length), but I do not know what the address is. The .bin file is already loaded in my MCU RAM, so I do not want to use host.exe program to upgrade firmware (in example the address is sent from PC via COM port). After sending one chunk of .bin data to 0x00000000 address, the chip freezes and I no longer get available credits in BMI mode. The BMI after reset is initialized correctly, similarly as in SDK examples. I can read firmware version in BMI mode. Could anyone tell me what is the start address for firmware in memory?

BR,

Wojtek

• Up0
  • Down0
ckline
Posted: Tue, 2016-12-20 10:33

Was there ever any resolution on this?

I have run into the same issue while using host.exe, but host.exe should know what address to use, so I'm wondering if there is something else that could be preventing the bmi credit count from being incremented.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.