Forums - QCA4002 on-chip ROM

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
QCA4002 on-chip ROM
paul0
Posted: Wed, 2014-08-27 03:35

Hi, We are debugging a custom board based on K22 + SP141 (QCA4002). We use ART to program QCA4002 first and looks no error but we see no waveforms on SPIM (QCA4002 to external flash, CS, CLK, MISO, MOSI). Is there any preburned code in QCA4002's on chip ROM that can drive QCA4002 to read from external flash or we have to burn something to activate it? How to do? We check the bootstrap on GPIO0 & PIO2. It is OK. Appreciated with any help.

• Up0
  • Down0
natie
Posted: Sun, 2014-09-07 02:55

Hi Paul, which host interface are you using? If you use SPI you need to do a few things first (from the Host MCU) to initialize the chip before it will load the firmware from the external SPI FLASH. Look at section "6.6.4. Boot Process" in the "Programmer's Guide". I am not sure about UART or host less mode. I suppose if you use that it should boot from SPI by itself.

• Up0
  • Down0
OranGu
Profile picture
Posted: Fri, 2014-10-10 10:53

Hi Paul,

For seeing the SPIM lines toggle you can use the ART commands : 

address and values should be entered in Hex 

menu -> tools --> send command : 

you can get more help by typing for example : help xr

xr: flash read (xr a=50)

xw: flash write

xp: flash write from a file  

xd: flash read into a file (xd f=my_fw.bin)

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.