Forums - Software Player / Emulator for Allplay Device?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Software Player / Emulator for Allplay Device?
timbotnik
Posted: Wed, 2015-05-20 05:38

I was wondering if there was a software version of the AllPlay "player" or device emulator out there that we could use during development.  

It seemed from the documentation that an app with the AllPlay Click SDK might be capable of acting as a speaker device, but I think that the "player" terminology was just confusing.  Seems like it can act as a "local player" only in the sense that it can play it's OWN music, but cannot play the music coming from another app. 

If such a thing does not exist, it certainly would be very useful for us during development.  Alternatively, perhaps someone could point to another resource that explains how I could implement a device emulator in software?

• Up4
  • Down0
dotMorten
Posted: Wed, 2016-07-06 09:57

I have a project here that is built on Windows 10 and will run on any windows 10 device (including raspberry pi, dragonboard etc).

https://github.com/dotMorten/AllPlayMediaPlayer

Just grab a cheap $35 Raspberry and plug it into a speaker, deploy my app to it set it as the default app, and you'll have a cheap AllPlay streaming speaker (it even remembers playlists across reboots which the AllPlay devices annoyingly doesn't).

The only thing missing at this point is getting the zone management to work, but other than that seems to work great with all the allplay client apps I've been able to find.

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.