Forums - Missing SDK for Linux

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Missing SDK for Linux
ArthurDent
Posted: Sun, 2015-05-17 02:26

Hello,

I'm missing a SDK for building a allplay Player on a plain linux. Especially I want to use a raspberry pi with a raspbian and connected speaker. I think, there exists enough controller for IOS (and Android?). 

It could be that Qualcomm isn't interested in Opensource player because the manufacturers like Panasonic, Lenco, Medion and others like to sell there allplay devices. And it is OK if I know this strategy so I don`t spent my time. :-) I think many owners of a Raspberry Pis would be interested in a player allplay and would eventually buy one or the other devices from these manufacturers.

Please Moderator give me a hint for my project developing a allplay player with a raspberry pi.

best regards

Arthur

• Up1
  • Down0
glennpierce
Posted: Wed, 2015-05-20 13:21

I would love this also.

However, I believe the all play system requires a hardware component ie a Qualcomm ic of some kind so an all software solution is not possible. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong ? Probably why the code is not open.

I would also love better software for allplay speakers that could search etc

Looking at this forum though and its lack of replies to posts it seems like Allpay is dead before it got going.

Not that it would have made it in my nopinion being so closed.

• Up1
  • Down0
ArthurDent
Posted: Fri, 2015-05-22 02:28

Hi

many thanks for your comment. You could be right, which is required for ALLPLAY a hardware chip.

I think it would be very unfortunate if you had also right about the Allplays dead.

In my opinion it is the best system at the time, especially because different companies are involved.

I will continue to monitor the project ...

best regards
Arthur
  • Up0
  • Down0
glennpierce
Posted: Fri, 2015-05-22 13:26

Yeah I still hold out hope as I have three panasonic allplay speakers. If there was a destop client api and a community I would be much happier.

Ideally I would want to create an addon for kodi/xbmc to stream as allpay from the rasberry pi. 

• Up0
  • Down0
Franck
Posted: Tue, 2015-05-26 02:35

Hello,

What about a SDK to build a controller from Linux ?

Or just an API specification, maybe a REST client from a web browser would be feasible ?

I have the player hardware, but I don't like the available apps (only on smartphone!) to control it.

Thank you,

Franck

• Up1
  • Down0
ArthurDent
Posted: Tue, 2015-05-26 10:58

Hello,

good questions - as far as I know, there is only one controller SDK for Android and iOS.

There is a "alljoin" SDK. But I do not know what relationship exist between ALLJOIN and ALLPLAY.

many Greetings

Arthur
  • Up0
  • Down0
Wireless
Posted: Sat, 2015-06-06 00:53

What is really (critically) missing is a Win32/64 SDK. Even Orb Networks eventually produced a Win32 Mini Controller program. 

Also this Mini Controller program displayed on the start (select library) page "Featuring AllPlay" and yet the current iOS AllPlay Jukebox App can't find Orbs as AllPlay devices....

Can this be fixed in a future release?.

W

• Up0
  • Down0
Re: Missing SDK for Linux Best Answer
zoliff Moderator
Posted: Tue, 2015-06-16 15:38

Thanks for the feedback and we will definitely take this into consideration as we've received a few requests for this.   Currently the Cick SDK is supported for both iOS and Android and there is not a Linux flavor available.  

Unfortunately, I can't comment on our upcoming release(s) but we hear you loud and clear.

• Up0
  • Down1
glennpierce
Posted: Wed, 2015-06-17 00:39

Although opensource would be preferable or a description of the protocal so a library could be implemented would be ideal a

basic shared c library for x32/x64/arm with standard installed dependencies would be great.

I have tried dlopen of libAllPlayControllerSDK.so on my desktop but its too much hasle getting all the supporting Android libraries for 

each architecture.

Thanks

• Up0
  • Down0
daniel.tai Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2015-10-28 14:03

Hi Arthur,

AllPlay is built on top of AllJoyn SDK.  There is currently no AllPlay SDK for Windows and Mac OSX, but there exists AllJoyn SDK for Windows and Mac OSX.  You can always use AllJoyn SDK to discover AllPlay player and its interfaces to discovery and communicate.

Thanks

Daniel

• Up0
  • Down0
daniel.tai Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2015-10-28 14:07

Hi Wireless,

Orb Networks initially started AllPlay initiative, but was eventually acquired by Qualcomm and Orb's products were discontinued.  The protocols used in Orb Networks are replaced by Qualcomm's AllJoyn SDK, so unfortunately, Orb's products will not work with the new AllJoyn.  

I am sorry, but there is no plan to support Orb's product. :(

Thanks

Daniel

• Up0
  • Down0
daniel.tai Moderator
Posted: Wed, 2015-10-28 14:12

Hi glennpierce,

Currently, there is no plan to open source AllPlay as of now.  However, AllPlay is built on top of open source Qualcomm AllJoyn SDK.  You can use AllJoyn SDK to discover and communicate with AllPlay speakers.  

Thanks

Daniel

• Up0
  • Down0
or Register

Opinions expressed in the content posted here are the personal opinions of the original authors, and do not necessarily reflect those of Qualcomm Incorporated or its subsidiaries (“Qualcomm”). The content is provided for informational purposes only and is not meant to be an endorsement or representation by Qualcomm or any other party. This site may also provide links or references to non-Qualcomm sites and resources. Qualcomm makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Qualcomm sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to this site.